Re: Avg reinstall.

Saga wrote:

Why don't you recommend AVG? I'd be most interested to know since AVG
is usually the app that gets installed; however, if there is a better
option then I would most certainly consider it. Thanks, Saga

It has been too problematic for me to be comfortable with it over the past
few years. AVG 8.0 in particular has had more than its share of
false-positives. Now, *all* antivirus programs have false-positives but AVG
seemed to have a lot more of them and serious ones, too. I also don't think
they are very quick to get updates out. I'm basing this on the free
version; I can't speak for the commercial version.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Out of memory error
    ... Hola Saga, chequeate este link y fijate si entontras tu problema. ... > This is happening only on one PC, with Win XP Home with more than> 400MB of RAM, about 200 MB available while the app is running. ... > out of system memory, but it might be other types of memory that is used> by the app... ...
  • Re: Avg reinstall.
    ... is usually the app that gets installed; however, if there is a better option then ... Thanks, Saga ... the worst ability to protect users of any product I've seen. ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Avg reinstall.
    ... is usually the app that gets installed; however, if there is a better option then ... Thanks, Saga ... Second worst is McAfee anything. ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Copy & Move files
    ... Saga wrote: ... And this was a batch of 6,000 files total. ... Possibly DNS resolution problem or some other misconfiguration causing multiple timeouts/misdirections/etc., ... the ideal situation would be to find out it isn't only _YOUR_ app that has a problem... ...
  • Re: App.PrevInstance
    ... Saga ... > your app ... > from loading n times...I was just curious to know if it was still in ... Prev by Date: ...