Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?

From: "Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| HTFiddler wrote:

I would like to know if I purchase Malwarebytes for $24.95 and run
their active protection, if I still need to run antivirus software?
Or is Malwarebytes just focused on the spyware, adware, rogue
software? Thanks ..... Henry

| The information that PCButts1 gave you is incorrect. He is not a Real MVP or
| a real anything except a troll.

| There is no need to purchase MBAM unless you want it to do realtime
| protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating. The free version
| works fine to remove malware and it is an excellent program.

| However, MBAM is *not* an antivirus. You need a separate program for that. I
| recommend NOD32 (commercial) or Avast if you want a free antivirus.

| Malke
| --
| MS-MVP
| Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
| http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Yes. MBAM does NOT target true viruses such as the new variant of Virut.

http://en.securitylab.ru/viruses/367627.php

  • Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?
    ... MalwareBytes active protection does not work. ... not an antivirus app so you still need an antivirus app running. ... :> their active protection, if I still need to run antivirus software? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?
    ... their active protection, if I still need to run antivirus software? ... Or is Malwarebytes just focused on the spyware, adware, rogue ... MBAM is *not* an antivirus. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?
    ... MalwareBytes active protection does not work. ... Do not purchase it unless Malwarebytes themselves confirm to you that the bug in their real-time protection is fixed. ... It is an anti malware application not an antivirus app so you still need an antivirus app running. ... if I still need to run antivirus software? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: problems with muti-identities in OE
    ... We do have antivirus running. ... Accounts 2,3, and 4 show the same thing in the ... If you have antivirus software scanning email, ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ...
  • Re: email text/content wont display
    ... >>Disable email scanning in your antivirus product, ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, Microsoft has now set OE to block all attachments. ... If you choose to adjust OE to allow attachments, make sure you save the attachment to disk first and then scan it with your antivirus software. ...