Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?

From: "Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| HTFiddler wrote:

I would like to know if I purchase Malwarebytes for $24.95 and run
their active protection, if I still need to run antivirus software?
Or is Malwarebytes just focused on the spyware, adware, rogue
software? Thanks ..... Henry

| The information that PCButts1 gave you is incorrect. He is not a Real MVP or
| a real anything except a troll.

| There is no need to purchase MBAM unless you want it to do realtime
| protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating. The free version
| works fine to remove malware and it is an excellent program.

| However, MBAM is *not* an antivirus. You need a separate program for that. I
| recommend NOD32 (commercial) or Avast if you want a free antivirus.

| Malke
| --
| MS-MVP
| Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
| http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Yes. MBAM does NOT target true viruses such as the new variant of Virut.

http://en.securitylab.ru/viruses/367627.php