Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?

From: "Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| HTFiddler wrote:

I would like to know if I purchase Malwarebytes for $24.95 and run
their active protection, if I still need to run antivirus software?
Or is Malwarebytes just focused on the spyware, adware, rogue
software? Thanks ..... Henry

| The information that PCButts1 gave you is incorrect. He is not a Real MVP or
| a real anything except a troll.

| There is no need to purchase MBAM unless you want it to do realtime
| protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating. The free version
| works fine to remove malware and it is an excellent program.

| However, MBAM is *not* an antivirus. You need a separate program for that. I
| recommend NOD32 (commercial) or Avast if you want a free antivirus.

| Malke
| --
| MS-MVP
| Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
| http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Yes. MBAM does NOT target true viruses such as the new variant of Virut.

http://en.securitylab.ru/viruses/367627.php

  • Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?
    ... MalwareBytes active protection does not work. ... not an antivirus app so you still need an antivirus app running. ... :> their active protection, if I still need to run antivirus software? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?
    ... their active protection, if I still need to run antivirus software? ... Or is Malwarebytes just focused on the spyware, adware, rogue ... MBAM is *not* an antivirus. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?
    ... MalwareBytes active protection does not work. ... Do not purchase it unless Malwarebytes themselves confirm to you that the bug in their real-time protection is fixed. ... It is an anti malware application not an antivirus app so you still need an antivirus app running. ... if I still need to run antivirus software? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: problems with muti-identities in OE
    ... We do have antivirus running. ... Accounts 2,3, and 4 show the same thing in the ... If you have antivirus software scanning email, ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ...
  • Re: Either USB or Router
    ... work or your wireless to work. ... As far as antimalware and antivirus - to keep your machines safe *and* keep ... MalwareBytes (free with consistent scanning or pay with scheduled scanning ... and active protection) ...