Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?
- From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:59:42 -0500
From: "Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| HTFiddler wrote:
I would like to know if I purchase Malwarebytes for $24.95 and run
their active protection, if I still need to run antivirus software?
Or is Malwarebytes just focused on the spyware, adware, rogue
software? Thanks ..... Henry
| The information that PCButts1 gave you is incorrect. He is not a Real MVP or
| a real anything except a troll.
| There is no need to purchase MBAM unless you want it to do realtime
| protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating. The free version
| works fine to remove malware and it is an excellent program.
| However, MBAM is *not* an antivirus. You need a separate program for that. I
| recommend NOD32 (commercial) or Avast if you want a free antivirus.
| Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
Yes. MBAM does NOT target true viruses such as the new variant of Virut.
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
- Prev by Date: Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?
- Next by Date: Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?
- Previous by thread: Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?
- Next by thread: Re: Is Malwarebytes Antivirus Software?