Require Anti Virus Software for Windows Server 2008?

Is it possible to use Windows Server 2008 within a domain in which all
clients (each with antivirus software) are connected to the internet without
the use of an antivirus software? Are there installation types that easily
restrict the surface area exposed to a minimum, but can be as readily
adjusted to enable selected processes to run?

  • Re: Client configuration
    ... Be sure to disable any antivirus software. ... Internet security installed on the clients, ... 331072 "DNS Name Does Not Exist" Error When Joining Windows XP to an SBS 200 ... Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: File transfers from LAN clients to Sharepoint get corrupted
    ... There's no antivirus software running on the server -- we use several layers ... I'll try replicating the problem from LAN clients that use different ... Sharepoint via Web folders? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: base64
    ... minority with broken clients will find their way to non-broken clients. ... mightye a@t mightye d.o.t org ... >>So I think that the right solution (before antivirus software would be ... >>popular mail clients and give them to antivirus. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Unwanted Pop Up Windows
    ... Antivirus software is essential now. ... Don't download and install everything you see. ... internet faster" and "remember you passwords" and "protect your system from ... the Internet Connection Firewall can also ...
  • Re: system folder opens at startup
    ... Antivirus software is essential now. ... internet faster" and "remember you passwords" and "protect your system from ... especially if you are dial-up, but even if you are Cable Modem or DSL, you ... the Internet Connection Firewall can also ...