"David H. Lipman" wrote:

From: "paintlover70" <paintlover70@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| When trying to run the program its like it won't install it on my
| desktop....I saved it to my flash drive and then when trying to install it
| won't install it completely.

| I did the same thing with the spybots program. Saved it to a flash drive
| and then when trying to install from the flash drive I receive an error
| message that says " Error sending request. A connection with the server
| could not be established."

| I tried to even do a system restore and my computer won't do that.

Go to Control Panel --> System --> Hardware --> Device Manager
Viiew --> show hidden devices

Look for TDSserv under "non-plug and play drivers"

If it is there, disable it and reboot. Then try again.

  • Re: NIC Replacement in Windows 2000?
    ... I'd tried this via View.Show Hidden Devices. ... despite being a Pre-PnP card and took on the original IP immediately, ... complete install had been done), were still somewhere and being used despite ... > | uninstalling and unplugging the card? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)
  • Re: OS Attempts to Install Non-existent Device ????
    ... To display hidden devices, non-Plug and Play devices, and devices not attached to the computer Save the following two lines as a file then execute. ... Hardware Wizard" appears and attempts to install the non-existent PCI device! ... Every time we attempt to install, the driver install dialog ... and the uninstall wizard confirms that the device has been ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Driver Problem
    ... >> trying a Repair Install and wiping out the System ... >> This all started with problems connecting to the ... >> about the options on the hidden devices tabs in DM? ... >> controller is set to boot and I changed it to disable ...
  • Re: Server 2003 Cant install or uninstall NICS - i.e. no network
    ... View|Show Hidden Devices to remove or reconfigure these devices. ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... and of course I can't install a new one. ... | not a restore path. ...
  • Re: Titans Quest is out...sorta...
    ... Install Titan Quest. ... 4b) Uninstall Securom devices drivers on your system. ... show up in Control Panel after Securom installs? ... After you enable display of hidden devices, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)