Re: Suspect Virus-USER 32.DLL

news:uKssOBJaJHA.5772@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Geoff" <geoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:52:01 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
| <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

Copy the file 'user32.DLL' from

%windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386

%windir%\SYSTEM32

| Can't be done on a live system. The DLL is locked.

| Suggest GiPo Utilities MoveOnBoot:
| http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/

| Allows movement/copy of files at system boot before the system locks
things
| like DLLs.

But can be done in the Recovery Console or on a surrogate PC.

Recovery Console is still under consideration - I will research it in MS.

Antioch

  • Re: Help! User Interface Failure!
    ... Even Recovery Console procedure might not help here ... GinaDLL value entirely, rather assigned a blank data to ... You may need to perform a Repair install. ... >>The Logon User Interface DLL Failed To Load ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: The login user interface failed to load
    ... Last known good configuration does not solve the problem and the ... I can load the system CD and access the repair console. ... dll and tried that substituting my dll. ... where I am in the recovery console to the promise land, ...
  • Re: The login user interface failed to load
    ... Last known good configuration does not solve the problem and the safe ... mode also needs the dll. ... I can load the system CD and access the repair console. ... where I am in the recovery console to the promise land, ...
  • The login user interface failed to load
    ... msgina.dll is missing or corrupted. ... mode also needs the dll. ... I can load the system CD and access the repair console. ... where I am in the recovery console to the promise land, ...