Re: Suspect Virus-USER 32.DLL

From: "Geoff" <geoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:52:01 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
| <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

Copy the file 'user32.DLL' from

%windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386

%windir%\SYSTEM32

| Can't be done on a live system. The DLL is locked.

| Suggest GiPo Utilities MoveOnBoot:
| http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/

| Allows movement/copy of files at system boot before the system locks things
| like DLLs.

But can be done in the Recovery Console or on a surrogate PC.

  • Re: Suspect Virus-USER 32.DLL
    ... Can't be done on a live system. ... The DLL is locked. ... Suggest GiPo Utilities MoveOnBoot: ... Allows movement/copy of files at system boot before the system locks ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Suspect Virus-USER 32.DLL
    ... Can't be done on a live system. ... The DLL is locked. ... Suggest GiPo Utilities MoveOnBoot: ... Allows movement/copy of files at system boot before the system locks things ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Suspect Virus-USER 32.DLL
    ... The DLL is locked. ... | Suggest GiPo Utilities MoveOnBoot: ... | Allows movement/copy of files at system boot before the system locks ... Recovery Console is still under consideration - I will research it in MS. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Suspect Virus-USER 32.DLL
    ... Can't be done on a live system. ... Suggest GiPo Utilities MoveOnBoot: ... Allows movement/copy of files at system boot before the system locks ... With no GUI is that dll still locked? ...