Re: Suspect Virus-USER 32.DLL

news:uin0KdDaJHA.1328@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "antioch" <antioch@xxxxxxxx>

| I think I may be in the wrong place - I accessed the above via
Start/Run -
| should I be looking at the two folders via C: Windows?
| If not then I am sorry, but I am at a complete loss as to which two
items I
| should be comparing.
| Antioch

Yes !

Compare the two files in the two folders in Explorer in full details.

Right - I have two 'user32.DLL'
One is in C: Windows\system32 - in there I have found the file 'user32.DLL'
and gone to properties, which shows-
Size 565KB
Size on disk 568KB.
Created 8 March 2007
Modified 13 Dec 2008
Accessed 27 Dec 2008
Version 5.1.2600.5512

The other in Start/Run/ %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386 - in there I have
found 'user32.dll' and going to properties, which shows-
Size 565KB
Size on disk 568KB
Created 11 Oct 2008
Modified 14 April 2008
Accessed 27 Dec 2008

The sizes appear the same, but the dates are different. The only other
difference appears to be their titles - one had .DLL and the other .dll

I hope these are the files/folders wanted.

Rgds
Antioch

  • RE: Incorrect Disk Space reading
    ... How to Locate and Correct Disk Space Problems on NTFS Volumes in Windows XP ... cannot find the cause or locate the folders and files that cause the NTFS ... The Cluster Size Is Too Large ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Hard Drive Space Disappeared
    ... System Restore will account for nearly 4 gb of the difference, ... some Uninstall folders in your Windows folder ... contents to save Disk Space. ... Free Space 3.86 GB. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Truncating badly linked attribute records? (long but quite detailed)
    ... > folders there, but which folder changes (some days it;s "CD1" some days ... > tests on it..no errors on the disk or with the controller on the disk. ... > I've included the chkdsk output, and the entries from the event log. ... > from file record segment 693. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Truncating badly linked attribute records? (long but quite detailed)
    ... It's an external drive, connected over Firewire. ... folders there, but which folder changes (some days it;s "CD1" some days ... tests on it..no errors on the disk or with the controller on the disk. ... I've included the chkdsk output, and the entries from the event log. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hard drive free space gone
    ... System Restore and remove all but the latest System Restore points again and see what difference it makes. ... Using Disk Defragmenter individual system restore points invariably fragment. ... Folders, Search Hidden Files and Folders and Search Sub-Folders. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)