Re: Suspect Virus-USER 32.DLL

From: "antioch" <antioch@xxxxxxxx>

| Hello Dave
| I am now in a position to concentrate at last on this little problem.
| I have gone into i386 and have found the item 'user32.dll'.
| Whether this is a clean copy etc I am not able to tell - nor how one
| go about replacing it.
| Your assistance as to the next move would be appreciated.

| Rgds
| Antioch

Avast indicated; %windir%\SYSTEM32\USER32.DLL was patched.

compare files in...

If they are NOT the same, copy %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386\USER32.DLL

Multi-AV -

Hello Dave
Excuse my total lack of comprehension here -
I have gone into the ServicePackFiles\i386 and SYSTEM32 - I have the windows
showing their content side by side - one is i386 and the other SYSTEM32. In
the main I can see very little that is the same in both.
I have missed your point somewhere.