Re: Adware infection

news:%23fz3rB$UJHA.1360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com>

| This weekend my computer suddenly slowed way down, and I briefly saw a
| "blank screen" window in IE that shouldn't have been there. My OS is
WinXP
| SP3, fully updated. My antivirus is NIS 2008.

| Last night I ran the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, which
found
| nothing.

| Today I downloaded Spyware Blaster and SuperAntiSpyware. I ran
| SuperAntiSpyware, and it found 14 instances of Adware tracking cookies
and
| 31 files for Adware Vundo Variant/Rel. It removed everything, and I
| restarted my computer, which now seems to be running at its usual speed.

| Is there anything else I should do to make sure my computer is clean?

| Thank you!

| Jo-Anne

Because you had the Vundo Trojan, I suggest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Thank you, Dave! I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which
discovered 6 more infected items: Adware.Minibug, registry key;
Malware.Trace, registry key; and Trojan.Vundo, 2 registry keys and 1 file.
Do you think I should try any other programs in case something is still
lurking?

Jo-Anne

.