Re: Alerting - Malicious software removal tool

It works for me if typed into the command prompt too (XP machine).

You're welcome.

"Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote in message
Thank you! That answers all my questions.

Jo-Anne

"FromTheRafters" <erratic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote in message

Thank you, David! I'm not sure how to run the program the way you have
it. Would I need to type it in at the command prompt?

The "run" box - actually "mrt /fy" should do it.

You could type "mrt /?" to see the "switches" available and what
they mean.

What if I just double-clicked on the MRT.exe file? Would it offer me the
/f:y option?

It prompts you for additional input, whereas Davids suggestion answers
its
prompts automatically.

And for the log file, would I type that in at the command prompt?

The "run" box again.

.