Re: dnsChange virus

I'm saddened to learn that you have a continuing problem, OG.

You said "Then IE8 is started"

IE8 is in Beta - advice I've had says that you must expect problems if you
use an 'un-finished' product. I suggest you uninstall IE8 and try to revert
to IE7.

I've enjoyed browsing your web site btw! :)

Just to rub salt into the wound, you didn't need to pay anything to download
and use Malwarebytes on a one-off basis (i.e. not continuous protection).

If you have a rootkit, rather than try to find and kill it, I'm sure it will
be much quicker for you to 'Flatten and Rebuild'. If you have access to the
Internet, you may 'enjoy' reading through a thread I started earlier this
year, still available on Google, here:-

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.security.virus/browse_thread/thread/5779fa422ba9af96/ee5f99b403a1e451?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=I've+done+both+of+these+'silly+things'!+#ee5f99b403a1e451

My subsequent discussions now lead me to believe that one needs to clear the
CMOS and probably flash the BIOS too if one wants to be sure of a clean
machine.

Good luck!

"Øyvind Granberg" <tresfjording@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi...

As a continuance of the thread "Do I have a virus?"

Well it's back. The Trojan.DNSChanger virus has really never left the
building.
I have downloaded and paid for software called Malwarebytes and it finds
six instances of this virus.
I choose to remove them, and the software wants to restart my computer.
After reboot, a rerun of Malwarebytes shows that my system is clean.
Then IE8 is started. All of a sudden I cannot connect to any website, not
even google
A new run of Malwarebytes reveals yet another six instances of the same
virus.

A checkup on all other computers in the household tells a tale of a
massive outburst.

I've got my ISP to reset the ADSL router, much against his beliefs, but no
fix.

I am running, amongst others, a self built Windows Vista Ultimate based
pc, with all updates, and all security measures running.
AVG 8
Windows Defender
A weekly run of Spybot and Adaware
I reckon if I can clean this computer I can easily fix the others.

What am I doing wrong here?
Is this Malwarebyte a hoax?

--

Vennlig hilsen
Øyvind Granberg

tresfjording@xxxxxxx
www.tresfjording.com

  • Re: dnsChange virus
    ... IE8 is in Beta - advice I've had says that you must expect problems if you ... The Trojan.DNSChanger virus has really never left the ... I have downloaded and paid for software called Malwarebytes and it finds ... a rerun of Malwarebytes shows that my system is clean. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: dnsChange virus
    ... cannot now find same via Google. ... You said "Then IE8 is started" ... The Trojan.DNSChanger virus has really never left the ... I have downloaded and paid for software called Malwarebytes and it finds ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • dnsChange virus
    ... The Trojan.DNSChanger virus has really never left the building. ... I have downloaded and paid for software called Malwarebytes and it finds six instances of this virus. ... a rerun of Malwarebytes shows that my system is clean. ... I reckon if I can clean this computer I can easily fix the others. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Why Windows doesnr recognise Antivir?
    ... Whenever I reboot my PC I get this window:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/WindowsSecurity-1.jpg ... virus on your system. ... Try and clean it with malwarebytes and then see ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Exchange IE8 for IE7
    ... I'll uninstall Windows Live Mail later as I still have Outlook Express, ... Are you running virus detect programs? ... read that IE8 has caused a problem on older PCs. ... certain I'd get IE7 back again without too many complications. ...