Re: Please recommend some anti-virus software

"Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Windows Defender is *not* an antivirus. You need to have a real antivirus
program installed on any Windows machine. There will be no problem with
having Defender and an antivirus installed.

Thanks. I told you I was a noob :-)

  • Re: Problems with Windows Defender
    ... It is NOT a replacement for an antivirus. ... I'm running WD and NOD32 without any slowness issue, ... Install the Windows Update Agent first, ... antivirus software, then after installing the Security center of WXP kept telling me that I needed an antivirus and my system is at risk, then I thought that Windows Defender wasn´t actually a real time antivirus but a secondary program so I installed Nod32 and Windows stopped telling my system is at risk, but the thing is that my system, though still relatively operational, got very slow and unstable with both Nod32 and Windows defender installed. ...
  • Re: variant of Win32/injector.BQ trojan >> HELP!
    ... NOD32 antivirus, all up to date and always running. ... Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. ... I have performed a full Antivirus and Windows defender scan, ... my Windows firewall up and running, should I install a different ...
  • Re: variant of Win32/injector.BQ trojan >> HELP!
    ... NOD32 antivirus, all up to date and always running. ... Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. ... I have performed a full Antivirus and Windows defender scan, ... my Windows firewall up and running, should I install a different ...
  • Re: Applications Refusing to Load - Problems Ensue!
    ... if u dont have an antivirus suggest to install Windows Live OneCare ... that plugs with ur windows defender or use avira ...
  • Re: Problems with Windows Defender
    ... Windows Defender is not an antivirus program--it is more like a spyware ... program such AdAware and both an AV and a spyware type of program are ... started acting up after Nod32 was installed, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)