Re: Removing Zango spyware

Swiss Steve wrote:

My computer is infected with Zango and ZangoSAHook.dll which will not
delete. Am a very novice computer user - any help would be useful.
Many thanks

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=remove+Zango&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

In general:

Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do
all scans in Safe Mode. Please see the special Notes regarding using
Multi_AV in Vista.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Multi-AV - instructions
http://tinyurl.com/yoeru3 - download link and more instructions

You can also check to see if there are targeted removal steps for your
malware here:
Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

or here:
Malwarebytes malware removal guides - http://tinyurl.com/5xrpft

When all else fails, get guided help. Choose one of the specialty forums
listed at the first link. Register and read its posting FAQ. PLEASE DO NOT
POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.

Standard disclaimer: I can't see and test your computer myself, so these are
just suggestions based on many years of being a professional computer tech;
suggestions based on what you've written. You should not take my
suggestions as a definitive diagnosis. If you can't do the work yourself
(and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea), take the
machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local equivalent
of BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be aware that not all local shops
are skilled at removing malware and even if they are, your computer may be
so infested that Windows will need to be clean-installed. If possible, have
all your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: critical error
    ... General malware removal: ... Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do all scans in Safe Mode. ... If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a professional computer repair shop. ... MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: My zipped folders have all turned into mp3 nfiles
    ... that all the zipped folders on my computer had turned into mp3 files. ... Go through these general malware removal steps systematically - ... Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do ... all your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop. ...
  • Re: Win32/Tanatos.G virus in my windows XP
    ... Go through these general malware removal steps systematically - ... Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do ... shop (not your local equivalent of BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: select Vista control panel crash
    ... Go through these general malware removal steps systematically - ... Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do ... shop (not your local equivalent of BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). ...
  • Re: Problem due to worm!
    ... Go through these general malware removal steps systematically - ... Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do ... machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local equivalent ... all your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop. ...