Re: Caution! Re: Vundo

"Mhaxx" <supermhaxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:gbfqf9$r8o$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh.. I downloaded the "OneClick Spyware Expert" and scanned my PC. Is
there
any risk? :-(

Yes, had it been new malware you would have bitten by it.
I'm not saying it is or it isn't - only that what you describe is
bad behavior securitywise.

Has someone tried to download and run that file other me?

Probably, many people have unsafe computing habits. I'm not
chastising you, it's just information for anybody reading.

Anyway no new virus/malware seems to be there after I scanned my PC with
that program. I hope so.. :-(

I'm sure if one of the experts here knew it was definitely bad
he or she would post to caution you - and provide guidance.

  • Re: Caution! Re: Vundo
    ... any risk? ... had it been new malware you would have bitten by it. ... I'm not saying it is or it isn't - only that what you describe is ... Anyway no new virus/malware seems to be there after I scanned my PC with ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: baffled by efs
    ... and then I "restore" them to an arbitrary PC. ... I'm waiting for the first such malware to claim legitimate ... your assailant's hand warm and safe as it does yours. ... ...and what I call "risk WYSIWYG"... ...
  • Re: no longer true
    ... By design, the more clueless email apps will autorun ... Where there is risk, design should be shrink-wrapped around intent. ... and it's been routine for malware ever since. ... MS responded to the above as code defects and patched them, ...
  • Re: Task Mgr & Registry locked! AV wont load!
    ... > every new malware has the potential for Day Zero spread (if it's ... > ISP's av, your frontier server's av (unless trapped by risk screening, ... > Risk management = curbing software design defects ... > just the code-defect barnacle on the tip of a volcano of bad design, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: Task Mgr & Registry locked! AV wont load!
    ... > every new malware has the potential for Day Zero spread (if it's ... > ISP's av, your frontier server's av (unless trapped by risk screening, ... > Risk management = curbing software design defects ... > just the code-defect barnacle on the tip of a volcano of bad design, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)