Re: BSOD due to base????32

From: "Bob J" <BobJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| I'll need a little guidance here as I'm unfamiliar with DOS. I think I may
| have left a step out. I don't get a BSOD, but it hangs just before the logon
| screen (the mouse is present and responsive). Same thing happens if I try to
| boot into SafeMode.

| Here's what I did after booting to Recovery ...
| c:\windows\system32>copy basesrv.dll basetdf32.dll
| (returned a message something like "1 copy created"

| I obviously missed something here.

The first thing to understand it is NOT DOS. There is no DOS under a NT based OS.

Your system may be hosed and you will have to perform a repair install.

  • Re: Overloaded terms
    ... a BSOD that's not an "issue," it's a crime. ... crashed in-house that was a stop-the-company event until found and ... I heard that IBM did a huge amount of QC on DOS to make it usable. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Backup bricht ab, ein defekter Cluster, welche Datei?
    ... buchstabe zum BSOD führt. ... entfernt ist das (zumindest bei Windows, DOS, etc...) kein Problem. ... (HD- Tune, bzw. Backup- Verzeichnis) ...
    (de.comp.hardware.laufwerke.festplatten)