Re: BSOD due to base????32

I'll try this as well. Still gotta put together a Bart CD, then try getting
in, then try findinh the registry file(s), etc . . .

"Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
John Doe wrote:

Thanx - I'll check out these resources. I shoulda mentioned, I cannot
get
into safe mode, last known good, or anything. I'll try a Bart PE build &
see what that does for me; once I boot up using Bart, 1) how do I access
the Registry, & 2) where am I looking to remove this offencer?

I think this is what you're looking for with a Bart's. With an ERD
Commander
(old expensive software no longer available unfortunately since MS bought
Winternals) you can edit the host system directly. I think David Lipman
told you where to look, didn't he?

Registry - edit for other users (MVP Doug Knox)

From an account with Administrator level access

1) Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT
2) In Regedit, highlight the HKEY_USERS key and go to File, Load Hive.
3) Use the File Open dialog to go to the Documents and Settings\<username>
folder, where <username> is the account you wish to modify.
4) Highlight the NTUSER.DAT file in this folder (usually a hidden file)
and
select Open.
5) You'll be prompted to enter a "Key name". You can use whatever you
wish,
but I use the User's logon name.
6) You can now expand the Hive you just loaded and make any needed
changes.
7) When finished, highlight this Hive again and go to File, Unload Hive.

NOTE: You MUST unload the Hive prior to logging on to the users account.
Otherwise XP may have trouble loading the user's profile.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers

  • Re: Editing the registry
    ... In Regedit, highlight the HKEY_USERS key and go to File, Load Hive. ... You MUST unload the Hive prior to logging on to the users account. ... can anyone tell me how to edit the registry on a account that is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: how to read registry file
    ... In Regedit, highlight the HKEY_USERS key and go to File, Load Hive. ... Use the File Open dialog to go to the Documents and Settings\folder, where is the account you wish to modify. ... Highlight the NTUSER.DAT file in this folder and select Open. ... I made a backup copy of the registry on my xp machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hide/delete the Accounts in Registry Win XP
    ... I would not mess with the registry. ... Simply disable the account if you do not want it to be used. ... > in the example here Hide/delete the Guest Account. ... > Highlight the user and then click the "Advanced" ...
  • Re: what keys are "Net user administrator /active:yes"?
    ... I can edit the registry with Bart PE. ... Accounts: ...
  • what keys are "Net user administrator /active:yes"?
    ... account is disabled. ... I can edit the registry with Bart PE. ...