Re: Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?

You're welcome! :)

BD

"RJK" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Well spotted ! ...thanks for that :-)

regards, Richard

"~BD~" <BoaterDave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Richard - a read here might help!

Good Luck!

Dave

"RJK" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Well, I haven't got a list like this:-
http://freeforum.avg.com/read.php?4,124300,124620

but, someone in there is advising the guy to un-immunize, (using his
installed Spybot S&D), and then sweep with AVG a/v scanner !

So, is my AVG 8.0 detecting something that Spybot S&D put into my
registry to thwart malware, as suggest by the guy on the above link ?
...or do I do as suggested - un-immunize with S&D | sweep with AVG again
| then re-immunize ?

At the moment AVG a/v sweep has located 30 registry keys of the form:-

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX
Compatibility\{????????-????-????-????-????????????}

Result/Infection column, to the right of these items are mostly "Found
Adware.Generic"
...and there's a few others e.g.
Adware.TitanShieldAntispyware
Adware.NewDotnet (now, I did have a NewDotNet variant a while ago - I'm
sure I flattened and rebuilt after that !)
Adware.Isearch
Adware.Generic3.BRJ (two of these - hinting that my ISP / Orange has
something naughty in it)

:-)
...any views on whether AVG 8.0 a/v sweep is just detecting keys dropped
in by Spybot S&D ?

TIA

regards, Richard

  • Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?
    ... is my AVG 8.0 detecting something that Spybot S&D put into my registry ... At the moment AVG a/v sweep has located 30 registry keys of the form:- ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?
    ... is my AVG 8.0 detecting something that Spybot S&D put into my registry ... At the moment AVG a/v sweep has located 30 registry keys of the form:- ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Msconfig wont stay running...
    ... >> definitions with AVG, had online scan from Trend Micro, ran Spybot ... > Run HijackThis and post the log here. ... > might then try booting using the Windows XP install CD to run a Repair ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: AVG 8
    ... Windows Defender ran at 11.00am. ... This was not a separate pop up but appeared as normal in the AVG Hide/Show Notification window. ... confidence in SpyBot 1.6 as a good detection/removal tool. ... by default install the Tea Timer function which I generally uncheck. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How can I clean install Windows XP if I dont have the CD?
    ... I use AVG 8.0 and Spybot S & D with Windows Defender. ... Windows Firewall. ... behavior that led to the infection and find yourself back where you ...