Re: Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?

Hi Richard - a read here might help!

Good Luck!

Dave

"RJK" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Well, I haven't got a list like this:-
http://freeforum.avg.com/read.php?4,124300,124620

but, someone in there is advising the guy to un-immunize, (using his
installed Spybot S&D), and then sweep with AVG a/v scanner !

So, is my AVG 8.0 detecting something that Spybot S&D put into my registry
to thwart malware, as suggest by the guy on the above link ? ...or do I
do as suggested - un-immunize with S&D | sweep with AVG again | then
re-immunize ?

At the moment AVG a/v sweep has located 30 registry keys of the form:-

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX
Compatibility\{????????-????-????-????-????????????}

Result/Infection column, to the right of these items are mostly "Found
Adware.Generic"
...and there's a few others e.g.
Adware.TitanShieldAntispyware
Adware.NewDotnet (now, I did have a NewDotNet variant a while ago - I'm
sure I flattened and rebuilt after that !)
Adware.Isearch
Adware.Generic3.BRJ (two of these - hinting that my ISP / Orange has
something naughty in it)

:-)
...any views on whether AVG 8.0 a/v sweep is just detecting keys dropped
in by Spybot S&D ?

TIA

regards, Richard