Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?
- From: "RJK" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 22:43:37 +0100
Well, I haven't got a list like this:-
but, someone in there is advising the guy to un-immunize, (using his
installed Spybot S&D), and then sweep with AVG a/v scanner !
So, is my AVG 8.0 detecting something that Spybot S&D put into my registry
to thwart malware, as suggest by the guy on the above link ? ...or do I do
as suggested - un-immunize with S&D | sweep with AVG again | then
At the moment AVG a/v sweep has located 30 registry keys of the form:-
Result/Infection column, to the right of these items are mostly "Found
....and there's a few others e.g.
Adware.NewDotnet (now, I did have a NewDotNet variant a while ago - I'm
sure I flattened and rebuilt after that !)
Adware.Generic3.BRJ (two of these - hinting that my ISP / Orange has
something naughty in it)
....any views on whether AVG 8.0 a/v sweep is just detecting keys dropped in
by Spybot S&D ?
- Prev by Date: Re: Please help!! Boot Virus??
- Next by Date: Re: Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?
- Previous by thread: Please help!! Boot Virus??
- Next by thread: Re: Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?