Re: Please help!! Boot Virus??

From: "Paceman2007" <Paceman2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Hello everyone I'm new at these newsgroups but I really need an experienced
| users help. I have a computer at my business that runs our whole voicemail
| system so It is killing us to not have it working but heres the problem.
| Every time I boot the computer it tells me that i have a boot virus and that
| i need to put in a blank bootable floppy, so I made a boot floppy on a
| windows xp computer, and then made my voicemail computer boot of the floppy,
| and all that did was show the "A:\>" symbol and let me type dos commands and
| I just dont know how to get rid of this boot virus please help me!! I REALLY
| need my voicemail.

| Thank you very much, Pace

First you have to describe WHAT is indicating you "have a boot virus".

Is it an anti virus application ? If yes... Which ?
Is it the BIOS ?

  • Please help!! Boot Virus??
    ... users help. ... I have a computer at my business that runs our whole voicemail ... Every time I boot the computer it tells me that i have a boot virus and that ... i need to put in a blank bootable floppy, so I made a boot floppy on a ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: installation problems
    ... RH 9 had trashed my Linux partition and rendered my PC unbootable. ... >you can create the floppy from and can be created on a differnet ... >on the CD as the floppy boot image. ... and since flash drives seem to be listed in /proc as scsi devices, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: xPC boot-up from hard drive
    ... The boot floppy was certainly easier... ... It's slow to boot up (and dependent on a floppy disk), ... All in all it means that using xPC Embedded Option with a "normal" PC ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: re boot problem after replacing hard drive
    ... "mikec" wrote: ... It was one of the options available to me when floppy booted up. ... choice between windows xp and fastdetect. ... Firstly the good news, the boot floppy worked, yes I make good boot floppies ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How can I completely wipe my entire system and do a fresh install
    ... Search for floppy image on web site. ... Boot with XP CD. ... >:> to partition and format your drive. ... > Go back to Normal Mode and install SP2 from a CD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)