Re: So Are Viruses Gone?

Undoubtedly you are correct.

Malke wrote:
W. Watson wrote:

I don't hear as much news about threatening viruses as a year or two ago.
My ISP's virus and spam checker seems to have done a very good job. The
spam checker does sometimes block stuff I want, but it's pretty decent.
What's up? What's the big change that seems to have gotten these matters
under control?

The amount of viruses and spam you get have nothing to do with non-viral
malware or what is endemic in the rest of the world. I would guess you
don't read the same security information the rest of us do.

Glad to hear you're keeping your computer clean.

Malke

--
Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

Web Page: <speckledwithStars.net>

  • So Are Viruses Gone?
    ... I don't hear as much news about threatening viruses as a year or two ago. ... My ISP's virus and spam checker seems to have done a very good job. ... The spam checker does sometimes block stuff I want, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: So Are Viruses Gone?
    ... W. Watson wrote: ... My ISP's virus and spam checker seems to have done a very good job. ... Glad to hear you're keeping your computer clean. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: So Are Viruses Gone?
    ... and spyware stickiness. ... There are still viruses ... The spam checker does sometimes block stuff I want, ... Wayne Watson ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)