Suspected virus in C:\Windows\Temp area

Dear all,

I have a Windows 2003 server OS, and Im sure I have a virus which is not
detected by my AV Solution - Trend OfficeScan product.

It first appears as a process in TaskMgr for example LA5819.exe - this file
is also apparent in the C:\Windows\temp directory. Thus I can only remove
the file when I kill the process.

However, within the next 5-10mins a new file with a completely different
name appears....

Has anyone heard about this?

Cheers
Paul.

  • BSOD possible Virus Issue
    ... I am using Windows 2000 on serveral older machines. ... Norton Antivirus is unable to find any boot sector or other virus. ... In this most recent case (on Windows 2000 Server Machine with ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: BSOD possible Virus Issue
    ... > I am using Windows 2000 on serveral older machines. ... From all appearances the boot sector is corrupted. ... > Norton Antivirus is unable to find any boot sector or other virus. ... > (server 2000) that has two RAID disks I can see on the XP machine ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Networked Office
    ... Windows 2003 Terminal Services ... you want a pure server solution, ... the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ... || install it locally. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Networked Office
    ... Windows 2003 Terminal Services ... you want a pure server solution, ... the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ... || install it locally. ...
  • Re: Networked Office
    ... Windows 2003 Terminal Services ... you want a pure server solution, ... the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ... || install it locally. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)