Re: Antivirus/Anti-spyware for Windows machines

PC Tools Antivirus Free

"John Aldrich" <maxxexcaliber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1194535091.671746.311290@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are setting up our first Active Directory in the history of the
company and my first AD in my professional career. We will be having 2
Windows Server 2003 machines as file servers / Domain Controllers, and
an Exchange server. We will be having about 150 or so machines
connected to the domain and about 250 or so email accounts that will
need protecting.

What would you folks on this newsgroup recommend, software-wise, to
handle that? I don't want a "network appliance" as I want something on
each machine. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't believe that having a
Network Appliance alone would solve the problem. I've got experience
with SAV CE, Kaspersky, AVG (freeware antivirus and freeware anti-
spyware), McAfee, and Panda Internet Security. Of those, I like AVG
and Panda the best, but I'm open to suggestion.

  • Antivirus/Anti-spyware for Windows machines
    ... We are setting up our first Active Directory in the history of the ... an Exchange server. ... We will be having about 150 or so machines ... spyware), McAfee, and Panda Internet Security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Antivirus/Anti-spyware for Windows machines
    ... Windows Server 2003 machines as file servers / Domain Controllers, ... an Exchange server. ... We will be having about 150 or so machines ... spyware), McAfee, and Panda Internet Security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Antivirus/Anti-spyware for Windows machines
    ... try it integrates itself with all your Windows Infrastructure including its organization by Microsoft Operations Manager for both client and server a like even your Exchange if you have one. ... We will be having about 150 or so machines ... spyware), McAfee, and Panda Internet Security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Performance optimization vs satisficing (was Language Oriented Programming)
    ... >machines that were too small. ... Microsoft has been a leading offender here. ... >arcane issue for server engines. ... magnitude slower, yes, I recall working on a 200mb database, trying to ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: Should I install Certificate Authority to solve these problems ?
    ... You can use IPsec with or without certs from your PKI. ... negotiations to your AD machines or those trusting the ... > In the item 1 below, the tool in use is a HP server management tool (type ... >>> Management is pushing to get Certificate Authority ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)