Re: The newbie's dilemma!

I'm glad to have helped. :)

"Troll_Lady" <TL@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OeMqFDt5HHA.5360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
most isp's will add any news group to their list for Usenet if asked.
that doesn't mean the owner of the server will agree to folks posting to
the
server FROM Usenet.

in other words, Annexcafe groups are not really available on Usenet.
they were added by folks requests to their isp's. most isp's will pop up a
notice if you try posting to them. some don't, your post just floats
around
in cyberspace, never makes it to the Annexcafe server itself, never
propagates to other servers.

looking at bright.net list of groups, i see some Annexcafe groups that
have
been gone for years.
i see some posts from back in 2005, when we first informed Gregory of
Annex
Technologies that groups from his private server, Annexcafe, were being
carried on Usenet. i believe his lawyer took care of the problem. ty for
bringing this remnant to my attention. i'll inform Gregory at once.

"BoaterDave" <BoaterDave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Strangge things happen here, don't they?

Looking here:
http://www.giganews.com/newsgroup_search.html?group=annexcafe&go=Find%3E

Most of the A/C sites aren't available. Are you willing/able to offer an
explanation (as you are apparently using giganews). TIA.

BD

"Troll_Lady" <TL@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
oh dear.
who would want to imposter me?
a dilemma!

"BoaterDave" <BoaterDave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I can only surmise that you - Troll-Lady - are an imposter and not the
*real* Troll_Lady (aka Li) at all! :)

Hmmmm - but why on earth would you wish to obfuscate matters here in this
thread?

I don't think these newsgroups are a safe place to play! <g>

BD

"Troll_Lady" <TL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i dunno.
there are so many, it's hard to keep track.
when you figure out my ip, let me know, k?

"BoaterDave" <BoaterDave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I don't understand. Is this not really you, Troll Lady?

I really am trying so hard to understand these matters. Your advice will
be
much appreciated. TIA.

BD