Re: How do I get rid of perfc000.dat ?

You are right, of course, Phil - I know 'nozzink' <g>

The purpose of my post was designed to prompt reaction, not from you, but
from others here. I apologise to you personally.

Perhaps you could, though, answer a 'real' query for me. I currently have
set up on this machine (in OE6) two specific newsgroups. One is
'news.microsoft.com' and the other is 'msnews.microsoft.com'. Each *appears*
to contain the same posts. Is there a simple expanation/reason for these two
identical facilities? TIA

"Phil Weldon" <not.disclosed@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
'BoaterDave' wrote:
| The OP did not include a 'message body' in his original post. He asked,
| simply, "How do I get rid of perfc000.dat ?"
|
| My understanding is that CCleaner will remove '.dat' files. Do you
disagree?
_____

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. The proper reply would either to
answer as 'Malke' did, or to ask for a properly formatted post. Despite
the
incorrect format, the original post DID give the file name, which is all a
knowledgeable person such as 'Malke' needs. Her post also gave
information
that will help the original poster to research future problems.

You, on the other hand, ignored the specific information included in the
original post, and posted an irrelevant suggestion (and that by referring
a post in another newsgroup, a post that was no longer than your
redirecting
post in THIS newsgroup.)

CCleaner is irrelevant to the original poster's problem. "Remove '.dat'
files" is entirely irrelevant; just check the number of '.dat' files in
your
system and consider which you would wish to remove. The key question for
CCleaner would be WHICH '.dat' files and of course, most malware has
protection against removal and/or leaves other files and fingerprints on
the
compromised system.

Phil Weldon

"BoaterDave" <BoaterDave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Hi Phil.
|
| The OP did not include a 'message body' in his original post. He asked,
| simply, "How do I get rid of perfc000.dat ?"
|
| My understanding is that CCleaner will remove '.dat' files. Do you
disagree?

| Dave
|
| **************************************************************
| "Phil Weldon" <not.disclosed@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > 'BoaterDave' wrote:
| > | Hi Russell. See my post on microsoft.public.security.homeusers
| > 'Cleaning
| > | your computer'. It may well help you. :) Please let me know.
| > _____
| >
| > You are rapidly approaching the status of, as you say, 'one of the bad
| > guys'
| > by posting off topic, failing to quote ANY of the post to which you
reply,
| > posting 'answers' even though you fail to understand the problem for
which
| > help is requested, and frequent morphing of your sig. Reform, or
become
| > known as even less useful than a stopped clock, and shunned as
malicious.

| > Phil Weldon
| >
| > "BoaterDave" <BoaterDave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | Hi Russell. See my post on microsoft.public.security.homeusers
| > 'Cleaning
| > | your computer'. It may well help you. :) Please let me know.
| > |
| > | Dave
| > |
| > | ***********************************************************
| > | "Russell" <fake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

| > |
| > |

  • Re: Need help to find most popular records in 2 related Tables
    ... and the date/time of the original post. ... > so much with email and newsgroup communications that change every hour. ... > response to one of my own (except when I totally lose track due to a HD ... So, normally, just posting again in here will be ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: !Searchy 1.00 (!Google2)
    ... >> misreading the bit where I said old software would still run on 26-bit ... Wait for corrections and engage as many newsgroup ... any objections and clarifications by the poster. ... continue to make your allegations in messages where the original post is ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Looking for Daniel R. Bonham
    ... not the correct word in this situation, but "flowery" is. ... that's the reason for this original post. ... is with those who feel Goldenberg's and Leppla's signature ... This was also at the encouragement of others on this newsgroup, ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)
  • Re: I just got one question for the Contraceptervatives of RSPW...
    ... Yeah. ... then you're probably on the level of rwa2play stupid. ... Jason "Worst Robin Ever" Todd's original post. ... What I find interesting is the fact you point out that a "large percentage of the newsgroup" find me stupid yet you don't have the balls to say who. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)