Re: Caught a Virus: Virus:Trj/Shutdown.Z -- need advice

From: "Lady Dungeness" <LadyDungeness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| I'm glad to know it's not malware;
| I KNOW those files were not there before. What kind of admin type
| tools are they?
|
| Lady D

They are administrative tools. That's their "class".

They are for rebooting the PC, killing and suspending processes and other functions.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Killing Windows Explorer with task manager ?
    ... Killing the explorer shell should not cause other software to ... I would suspect some form of malware is ... I was only killing in an attempt to recover, or clam down the memory usage. ... I thought maybe if I killed it and started it back the memory usage might be lower. ...
  • Re: Caught a Virus: Virus:Trj/Shutdown.Z -- need advice
    ... I'm glad to know it's not malware; ... What kind of admin type ... No mlware found, only admini. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)