Re: ntoskml.exe Problem

From: "Irwin Greenwald" <oiwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Thanks for your reply. I am running the Sophos test now. I failed to
| mention that AVG reported that the following had been changed:
|
| Partition Table (MBR)
| In C:\Windows\System32:
| kernel32.dll
| shell32.dll
| ntoskrnl.exe
|
| I don't know how AVG detects changes, so I don't know how to interpret
| tese messages; however, I find the one about the Partition Table
| particularly disturbing. will report back on test results when I
| complete the tests.
|
| BTW is snipping approved or disapproved in this newsgroup?
|
| Irwin

AVG often reports changes to files after you install a MS HotFix. It does so by taking a CRC
value and recording it. If the value changes, the file has changed.

It is always good practice to snipp extraneous data form a reply.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Thanks David, as usual your expertise is overwhelming
    ... AVG seemed like a good idea and came highly recommended by ... Does it mean that these viruses somehow got through or that the AV ... It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Syntax to Average a time duration (hh:mm:ss).
    ... report header or footer, then you can create a text box ... I tried Avg() in every way you, ... >> MS Access MVP ... >>> Duration ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: S7jfwb07.exe
    ... access internet destination 216.95.196.22:HTTP. ... Updated definitions for adaware and avg 8.0 have not caught it. ... Will report back if anything new arises. ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post in one of the below expert forums... ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: avira r10 bug
    ... I can't seem to get avira's attention to report a bug that ... Avira instructions were to disable defender. ... AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 9.0 ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Windows Explorer folder problem
    ... I now have the Safe Mode HijackThis log. ... I will test out AVG turning off email scanning and see if it identifies with the two files not mentioned in your log. ... I am not suggesting updating to Internet Explorer 7 but there are many updates for IE6 without going to IE7. ... The System log for the last normal boot contains 13 different Error or Warning Report reports, although a number appear a number of times so the actual number of reports is many more. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)