Re: Problems with Multi-AV

From: "johngross" <johngross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| This was previously the last post in a topic I started in the wrong
| group. David Lipman suggested I use Multi-AV to clean some "leftovers"
| from a virus/adware/malware infection.
|
| I tried to test Multi-AV in normal mode on a Win98SE system.
|
| The results were as follows:
|
| McAfee reported an error:
| -----------
| File C:\AV-CLS\MCAFEE\RWABS16.DLL has failed its integrity check
|
| and no scan was performed.
|
| Kaspersky reported an error:
| ---------------
| Can't open avp.set. Do you want to insert diskette with this file?
|
| with buttons reading [ OK ] and [ Cancel ]
|
| Since I have no diskette with this file, I clicked on [Cancel], and no
| scan was performed.
|
| Trend reported some error, but so quickly I could not read it.
| --------
| There was no record of an error in the log(s), and no scan was
| performed.
|
| Sophos: I selected only the \windows folder to be scanned.
| -----------
| It completed in approx. 30 mins, and found no threats.
|
| Can David or anyone help me solve these problems?
|
| Regards,
| John Gross

John:

Sorry you are having problems.

Please downloaded the latest version.

From the main menu try to download; Mcafee, Trend Sysclen and and Kaspersky again.

At the minimum, Sophos worked. If teh above continue to fail, you should scan the entire
system with Sophos.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Virus problems - a sad story
    ... I started Lipman's multi-av, and had clicked on Sophos and Trend. ... during the clean-up, I d/l multi-av from Lipman's link, and ran both a Sophos and a Trend scan. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Problems with Multi-AV
    ... David Lipman suggested I use Multi-AV to clean some "leftovers" ... I tried to test Multi-AV in normal mode on a Win98SE system. ... Since I have no diskette with this file, I clicked on, and no ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: SOPHOS found...
    ... in your Multi-AV that you so often promoting here you ... Second, instruction in Sophos is clear enough - no mark, no ... Anti-RootKit utilities look through known areas of system and Registry for Rooted types of ... Trojan infection vectors and list them as possibilities. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: SOPHOS found...
    ... in your Multi-AV that you so often promoting here you ... Second, instruction in Sophos is clear enough - no mark, no ... Is this safe to leave them alone? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)