RE: I have a virus

Kelly wrote:

Correction: Virus is:: Win32/Hsow.An

"Kelly" wrote:

I am using my friends computer so i do not transfer this to anyone. i
have
a virus. Can anyone assist me to help me get rid of it? It is above
Please advise? this is the message I got. AT&T virus detector is on
my phone line. It is through sbc yahoo and it is furnished by
my provider. Says system is infected and the virus cannot be removed.
Kelly D

You didn't mention what antivirus you currently have in place. If you do not
have a current version antivirus installed (not earlier than 2005), scan
first with Sysclean or Dave Lipman's Multi-AV. Then get, install, and
update a full-featured av and do a thorough scan in Safe Mode. You should
do the preparatory work listed here first:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#TrendMicros_Sysclean
http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm - how to use Dave Lipman's Multi-AV
http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/Multi_AV.exe - Multi-AV download
http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm - additional Multi_AV instructions

isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a professional computer repair
shop (not your local version of BigStoreUSA). The only alternative to going
through the malware removal tediously and systematically, probably with
online help from an HJT forum, and taking the machine to a real
professional is to back up your data and do a clean install of Windows.
It's your call. Please be aware that not all local shops are skilled at
removing malware and even if they are, your computer may be so infested
that Windows will need to be clean-installed. Have all your data backed up
before you take the machine into a shop.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

  • Re: Trojan Flush M
    ... I am running Norton Anti - Virus and it has reported that i have a virus ... instructed me to restart windows in safe mode and then a full scan. ... I suggest you do a clean install of Windows. ... shop. ...
  • Re: Evil Panda
    ... Does anyone here know about a virus call Evil Panda and is there any tools ... shop. ... professional is to back up your data and do a clean install of Windows. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Trojan Flush M
    ... I am running Norton Anti - Virus and it has reported that i have a virus ... instructed me to restart windows in safe mode and then a full scan. ... I suggest you do a clean install of Windows. ... shop. ...
  • Re: Office student and teacher edition 2003 and Windows ME.
    ... >the (insert latest virus name here) virus, ... >| I am having a problem installing this edition of office ... >| on a computer using Windows ME. ... >| Office or should I take it back to the shop? ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Bobax.C
    ... Other files containing the virus have been ... W32.Bobax.C is a worm that exploits both the LSASS ... While this threat may execute on Windows 95/98/Me/Server ... Virus Definitions * ...