Re: ***NEED HELP PLEASE***

Joec148 wrote:
If you can get to housecall or get the registry values to deactivate the virus you loose nothing. I see a lot of people trying to get you to destroy your data.
"kennewickrockerguy" <kennewickrockerguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4A2A5EB9-7F40-4E24-B74C-F7F0644AA9D8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I downloaded the free version of avg awhile ago and am looking to upgrade but
i have a problem, while i was at work my son deleted avg completely and
uninstalled it as well so he could download something on limewire. Whatever
he downloaded had a virus in it and now i cant ctrl+alt+del and pull up my
task manager (i use xp home w/ service pack 2) if i right click on the
taskbar abd select taskmanager it never comes up, if i search for it it does
not appear. if i go to grisoft.com , it pulls up the ie window for about 2
seconds and closes itself. limewire also automatically restarted every single
time i closed it so i have deleted it. i tried to go onto a virus forum from
my computer and i have found that not only does grisoft get auto-closed but
all virus support sites as well. I even went to a site that sells pepper
spray and security supplies and the same results, but yahoo and myspace and
the like work. I had my friend do a file transfer from her computer to mine
on yahoo im for the installation program for avg and i can not open that
either. also i am getting random popups in a forgien language. When i open
"my computer" there are 2 html applications i do not recognize one called
"estigma" and another called "onoes" (i think that is how the second one is
spelled) i tried to format my hard drive but when i open cmd it says the
following "c:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" (title bar) "Another program is
currently using this file." (message field) even immediately after restarting
my computer i ge this error message. I have tried to do a system restore and
it says failed everytime i have tried. And now my firefox is not working like
the task manager Please tell me my brand new (barely out of warranty)
computer is not doomed.

Joec148 should join a knitting group....you are not up to date with security

Tom
--
* Thankfully this message was not scanned by AVG Free *

  • Re: ***NEED HELP PLEASE***
    ... he downloaded had a virus in it and now i cant ctrl+alt+del and pull up my ... spray and security supplies and the same results, but yahoo and myspace and ... I had my friend do a file transfer from her computer to mine ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: ***NEED HELP PLEASE***
    ... he downloaded had a virus in it and now i cant ctrl+alt+del and pull up my ... spray and security supplies and the same results, but yahoo and myspace ... I had my friend do a file transfer from her computer to ...