Re: ***NEED HELP PLEASE***

From: "Joec148" <josephc1485@xxxxxxxxxxx>

| Also I suggest you dump freeware and buy a good virus scanner. The one I use
| is from Trend Micro and has the best track record in finding a virus before
| it has gone wild.

I wish that was true. I work with a Trend Micro manager and supply Trend Micro samples on a
regular basis that are NOT recognized by them but is recognized by others. In that
submission process I have had them come back saying the samples were NOT malicious when they
were know malicious. I have had to tell them to re-examine their finding and when the
subsequently do, the samples are found to be malicious. This has included variants of ZLob
installers.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: SCVHOST.EXE
    ... Ashley wrote: ... > My current virus scanner (Trend Micro PC Cillin) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SP2 Totally Screwed up My Computer!
    ... But that it later keeps popping up ... and because it doesn't recognize my virus scanner. ... >Trend Micro, and I frequently update the virus signatures.) ... Open the Security Center and then click on the item ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SP2 Totally Screwed up My Computer!
    ... But that it later keeps popping up ... and because it doesn't recognize my virus scanner. ... >Trend Micro, and I frequently update the virus signatures.) ... Open the Security Center and then click on the item ...
  • Re: error 0x800A1391
    ... This may be due to the CoolWebSearch variant. ... Please check for viruses by ... running a virus scanner. ... Trend Micro ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)