Re: News Readers

p00lb0y wrote:
Per the instructions offered to another OP regarding derivative questions, I am looking for some recommendations on a Newsgroup Reader and thus starting a new thread.

I am using Thunderbird presently and its ability to subscribe to and read newsgroups.

Is Thunderbird secure [enough] or would something like the XNews be a better (and safer/more secure) reader client? What other clients are well-liked in this community?

TIA,

PB

Thunderbird is more than adequate for viewing/posting to Usenet. It'as what I use.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

  • Re: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    ... The newsgroup is perfectly accessible to anyone using a real newsreader, such as Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Forte Agent, etc. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: News Readers
    ... I am looking for some recommendations on a Newsgroup Reader ... Is Thunderbird secure or would something like the XNews be a ... use whatever newsreader/email client you like. ... Safe Hex: ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: What Is This Rating Nonsense?
    ... I tried EVERY newsgroup reader for the Mac I could find and they're all bad, ... Thunderbird is the only one that can organize threads in the way that I can tolerate, ... But IMO any newsreader, except for perhaps Outlook Express is better than using a web-based reader like google groups. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: A bit OT: Python prompts display as nested mail quotes in Thunderbird
    ... Sorry to bother you with my OT problems, but my newsgroup reader (Thunderbird) displays explicitly written python prompts as triple nested mail quotes. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: For Cryptologists - Professional & Amateur
    ... Anybody want to suggest a good newsgroup reader for OSX? ... Thunderbird for my Usenet needs and it seems adequate. ... for anything where I want to download graphics, Chrome for eMusic, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)