Re: Is Plain Text email 100% safe?

<*(((>< wrote:
I've started using my old Agent Newsreader as my email application, in
part because it's easy for me to configure the fonts so that I can
always see them and read the mail. It also has a nice "Keep" feature
so that important messages never get accidentally deleted.

All html, pictures, attachments, etc are shown at the bottom of the
message in an icon format. If I want to look at them, I can choose
whethr to launch the attachment or not.

My AVG scans all incoming messages.

I am under the impression that malware cannot be transmitted by plain
text. I'm also getting ready to open a professional office in the
next year or so, and want to have my computers as safe as possible.

QUESTION: Does this kind of a plain-text email program give me 100%
protection against malware in email?

Awaiting your responses with baited breath, I remain, yours truly,

<*(((><

There can be no virus in the body of a plain text email, but the attachments might still be infected, if they're in some format other than plain text.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

  • Re: Key of Installation
    ... Key is not stored as plain text. ... Bruce Chambers ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: suddenly filling of hd and no access to x
    ... permissions to delete any files or empty trash. ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary ... safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety", ... .NO attachments in e-mail, .*LINUX powered*. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 9.04 cant find second hard drive.
    ... tried booting from it I moved it back to master position... ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary ... safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety", ... .NO attachments in e-mail, .*LINUX powered*. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • suddenly filling of hd and no access to x
    ... have I gotten a new linux virus or something?? ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary ... safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety", ... .NO attachments in e-mail, .*LINUX powered*. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Openoffice Letterhead
    ... have you tried it using Open Office on a MS machine...?? ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary ... safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety", ... .NO attachments in e-mail, .*LINUX powered*. ...
    (Ubuntu)