Re: Help to identify what my PC is infected with

From: "SPG" <steve.goodsell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Hi,
|
| Somehow a Trojan has got onto my PC.
| It was downloading loads of viruses (Dialer mainly).
|
| I run Norton Internet Security, but that did not catch the installation of
| the trojan. I does however catch the viruses as they are downloaded by the
| trojan.
|
| I have ran AVG, which found Dialer.tg infected in a file called
| DrInstall.exe and cleaned that, as well as some dodgy registry entries.
| But, I am still seeing some wierd things like thousands of 0byte files being
| written to windows\temp. These are normally names SOSxxxx.TMP (replace xxxx
| with a random number) or TMPxxxx.TMP
|
| Now, I ran Trojan hunter tongiht also, that didn't find anything, bu tthere
| is clearly something going on to keep creating these files.
|
| Can anyone point me to what might be the cause of this and how I can get
| rid?
|
| Steve

Dialers are Trojans, not viruses.

Start with the McAfee module in the below Multi AV Scanning Tool...

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.

file. http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm

Additional Instructions:
http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • >>>> TROJAN DOWNLOAD <<<<
    ... adobe 8.1 download trojan virus, adware download trojan trial, adware ... trojan trial, download a trojan horse, download a trojan program, ...
    (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
  • Re: Trojan Generic Aun
    ... The JS/ByteVerify Trojan is most likely a .CLASS inside a Java Jar. ... Dump the contents of the Mozilla FireFox Cache ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Trojan issue
    ... | system root although it has attempted to start and believes it has full ... | The main trojan was a sub7, I found most of it and have gotten rid of it. ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Trojan in system, CRASHING it frequently
    ... Is this Trojan ruining your ability to use English? ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ... It is suggested to run the scanners in both Safe Mode and Normal Mode. ...
  • Re: virus found but not detected
    ... | when running windows live safety centre the scan finds 2 viruses but doesn't ... I suggest using an AV scanner forom a well known and "trusted" AV vendor. ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)