Re: XP's Firewall

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:58:26 GMT, Leythos <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In this discussion it's been proven how worthless Windows XP Firewall
really is. It's been proven that any other firewall, since they have
more chance to inform the user of changes/actions of their system is
going to be a better option than the Windows XP Firewall.

You have'nt proved anything. Normally you yourself will not accept
anything unless all facts are present. Former discussions in c.s.f.
clearly shows that. Therefore you have'nt proved anything. You have
mentioned your personal opinion on the windows firewall - that's all.
And that's okay. But it's clearly not a proof.

But on the other hand it's of course easy to prove something if you
yourself define the criteria.

Other than bugs in software, which Windows is not immune too,
I see no reason why third-party firewall applications are not better than Windows
XP firewall. At least with third-party firewall solutions you have a
chance to know that something is happening as/before it happens, with
Windows XP Firewall you don't have a chance to know anything as/before
it happens.

And since you seem to believe in the nonsense of controlling something
already allowed to run (in awfully many cases with admin rights) we
will never come to an agreement.

  • Re: Windows Update screen is blank
    ... AVG Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall ... How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server ... You cannot install some updates or programs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Unable to run disk check
    ... you don't need a third party firewall. ... > use a third-party firewall instead. ... and keeping my Windows and antivirus software up to date. ... defenses to crudware besides a third party firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: FIRE WALLS
    ... with the windows firwall that comes with the windows xp service ... Should I use both the built-in firewall and a software firewall from a ... Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall or a different software firewall, ... Also note that if you update your third-party firewall to a new version, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: XP Windows firewall
    ... Another FW blocked all incoming except permitted ones. ... run Zone Alarm, e.g., along with Windows FW, or better to turn the ... Should I use both the built-in firewall and a software firewall from a ... Also note that if you update your third-party firewall to a new version, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: how to disable file sharing in xp firewall forever?
    ... It definitely caused problems with the Windows ... Get a third-party firewall such as Sygate, Kerio, or ZoneAlarm. ... the machine off any networks and disable the Windows Firewall - I'd ...