Re: XP's Firewall

From: "Leythos" <void@xxxxxxxxxxx>

| In article <0gbqe2htv762iuip0kmd2pu21ngrck3ust@xxxxxxx>,
| b__nice@xxxxxxxxxxx says...
For the last time: Windows and other perssonal "firewalls" are pretty
equal on inbound protection.

| Wrong - Windows Firewall allows applications to directly enter
| exceptions without the users known permission. I've seen AOL software
| modify Windows XP Firewall exceptions without any clear indication to
| the user.
|
| I've not seen AOL Software install exceptions in ZAP rules without the
| user understanding that a change was being made.

That's correct Leythos. There is malware out there that can make the WinXP FireWall allow
it free in/out access to the internet.

I don't have their names handy but if pressed, I can research them and provide their names.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: XPs Firewall
    ... equal on inbound protection. ... Wrong - Windows Firewall allows applications to directly enter ... exceptions without the users known permission. ... I've not seen AOL Software install exceptions in ZAP rules without the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: SMS 2.o SP5 and XP-SP2 errors
    ... "SMS Administrator console: Windows Firewall has three settings: On, ... When you select the Donít allow exceptions check box, ... You might need to change the security policy for the client computer so ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • RE: SMS 2.o SP5 and XP-SP2 errors
    ... >exceptions, and Off. ... >Administrator console cannot connect to any SMS site ... >services on the Exceptions tab of Windows Firewall." ... You might need to change the security policy for the ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: XPs Firewall
    ... equal on inbound protection. ... Wrong - Windows Firewall allows applications to directly enter ... exceptions without the users known permission. ... I've not seen AOL Software install exceptions in ZAP rules without the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: SMS 2.0 & winXP sp2