Re: XP's Firewall

From: "Dan" <spamyou@xxxxxxxx>

| BTW, I am still waiting for an article or documentation on how the
| Windows Firewall is better than the Zone Alarm Professional Firewall.

You won't find it.

Its simplistic interface does not provide for complex "rules". This is one reason Microsoft
has released OneCare which contains a FireWall application.

Now why would Microsoft have to realease a product with a FireWall if the SWinXP FireWall
was sufficiennt ?

On the sdame note, OneCare also is anti virus. It falls well below AV industry standrads
and OneCare should be avoided as a security suite.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: multiple windows opening
    ... When you install OneCare, ... Windows Firewall and Defender on its own. ... I have had windows live one care from the first setup of this laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: multiple windows opening
    ... When you install OneCare, it will automatically ... I have had windows live one care from the first setup of this laptop. ... I open it, it shows that the firewall is on, the virus thing is ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: KB942615 -- still problem with this update
    ... You're not the first OneCare user to encounter this problem and you probably won't be the last. ... you're supposed to uninstall your current anti-virus application and third-party firewall via Add/Remove Programs. ... Support for Windows Update: ... When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: WMDC suddenly breaks with WM6 device
    ... Did you happen to install any updates/new antivirus? ... OneCare 1.5 Beta: OneCare had a Version 1.5 Beta available for download on Vista that does not contain WMDC rules for the Firewall. ... Create a port called "Windows Mobile Device Center" ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: xbox (old) media center not connecting to mce 2005
    ... I can't figure out how to set these parameters on the onecare firewall short ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... Windows Media Connect devices on your network, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)