Re: XP's Firewall

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:40:10 -0600, Dan <spamyou@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

B.W. wrote:
Did the Firewall with XP improve with SP2?

Is it still not considered good enough to use? Would it be best to use a
third party free programme?

Thanks You for any help.

B.W.

I like the Zone Alarm Firewall better than the XP Firewall.

And in comp.security.firewalls you still owe us an explanation for
your claim that the windows firewall is easy to "break through".

  • Re: LanMan98 problem
    ... > I've been taking a closer look at the Zone Alarm Firewall. ... hardware firewall at all question your sanity) ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • Re: A dumb question
    ... I think $60 is a bit high for just the price of the router alone as they are ... Otherwise install the free for personal use Zone Alarm Firewall and then go ... security guidance for home user. ...
  • XPs Firewall
    ... Did the Firewall with XP improve with SP2? ... third party free programme? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • My Firewall is keeping me from getting to my email
    ... Download the free version of Zone Alarm Firewall from Zone Labs ... >messenger 6.2 the browser opens up and trys to load ... I've reinstalled both my firewall and msn ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: Zotob worm patch?
    ... internet connection. ... Each has the Zone Alarm firewall. ... > Your question has no direct answer as we don't know your network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)