Re: XP's Firewall

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:16:34 +0100, "RJK" <notatospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I've given him a severe lecture, and thoroughly explained to him that AVG
free edition is and anti-virus program and, explained to him what a firewall
program does, and that by removing Norton, he's got NO FIREWALL !!!.

With a properly configured machine you don't nescessarily need one.
But at least he got rid of the Norton malware ;-)

  • Re: Where to get quality design rulers...
    ... Outlook, so if you use a different browser and email, plus a good ... firewall and anti-virus program, ... severely flawed system code that makes Windows ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: OT- Microsoft Security Essentials Questions
    ... anti-virus program. ... What firewall works well with it? ... First, go to Microsoft, download the MSE program for your computer. ... but will continue to support SP3 for some time because of ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: firewall, anti-virus?
    ... An anti-virus program looks at *files* and tries to identify and delete ... A firewall looks at *access* attempts to the computer and prevents them ... If you have a stand-alone computer not connected to the internet, ... still subject to getting viruses from removable media: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Off topic: Zone Alarm
    ... Earthlink Total Access. ... >> firewall or anti-virus program on the computer, and I installed Zone ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Which Anti Virus
    ... anti-virus programs, several anti-spyware programs, and several firewall ... the best anti-virus program is Neither ... privileges when surfing the wild wild web. ... special user account, I removed all privileges to the folders named \Windows ...