news:uHGuf4jxGHA.1252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "B.W." <bwaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (del xxx)>

| Did the Firewall with XP improve with SP2?
|
| Is it still not considered good enough to use? Would it be best to use
| third party free programme?
|
| Thanks You for any help.
|
| B.W.

Yes. It was greatly improved. However it is NOT a full FireWall
application. A third
party FireWall application from; Comodo, BlackIce, ZoneLabs and Kerio (to
name a few) are
far better.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Security and Virus programs
    ... However, when my subscription to Symantec's updates for Norton Internet Security 2002 came up for renewal, I decided to try less expensive solutions. ... Vista's built-in firewall is perfectly adequate for most people. ... Sphinx's Vista Firewall Control http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/) is a piece of freeware that makes the Vista Firewall much more easily manageable to the average user. ...
  • Re: Anti-Virus Suggestions Please
    ... Quicken & QuickBooks:; Lavasoft Ad-Aware Plus 2008; Spyware Dr expiring don't like so I won't renew; Spyware Blaster; Spybot S&D; EasyClean; old JV 16 Pwr Tools. ... My 2008 Norton Internet Security has now expired so it's either renewing or choose another Anti-Virus Protection program. ... Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite $39.95US/$48.81 Cdn Includes Firewall Antivirus and Spyware. ... Problem is I have horrific memories of installing their V7.0 within days of it being issued in Jan07. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Whats a good security suite for Vista 64 home premium?
    ... However, when my subscription to Symantec's updates for Norton Internet Security 2002 came up for renewal, I decided to try less expensive solutions. ... Vista's built-in firewall is perfectly adequate for most people. ... Sphinx's Vista Firewall Control http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/) is a piece of freeware that makes the Vista Firewall much more easily manageable to the average user. ...
  • Re: Cannot see Windows XP Computers
    ... I have HP lappie with Vista Home Premium and Norton Internet security 2007 ... Norton Internet security and i can now connect between any computers, ... files, printers, etc. whether XP or Vista with windows firewall of on my ... Choose any selection that has the word either "sharing" or NetBIOS ...
  • RE: One of network computers cant see the other one
    ... Norton Internet security or something along that line. ... I and others agree would disable or uninstall that second Firewall ... and obviously can't access shared files on the laptop. ... > ping the laptop from the desktop, ...