Re: XP's Firewall

From: "B.W." <bwaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (del xxx)>

| Did the Firewall with XP improve with SP2?
|
| Is it still not considered good enough to use? Would it be best to use a
| third party free programme?
|
| Thanks You for any help.
|
| B.W.

Yes. It was greatly improved. However it is NOT a full FireWall application. A third
party FireWall application from; Comodo, BlackIce, ZoneLabs and Kerio (to name a few) are
far better.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • RE: MS Service Pack2
    ... Do they have an upgrade/update for firewall for SP2? ... "Connie" wrote: ... > come up because the Kerio Firewall was blocking it. ...
  • XPs Firewall
    ... Did the Firewall with XP improve with SP2? ... third party free programme? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: XPs Firewall
    ... months ago removed his Norton internet security software, ... installed AVG, and he's been using his PC like this for weeks, if not ... program does, and that by removing Norton, he's got NO FIREWALL!!!. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: XPs Firewall
    ... third party free programme? ... I like the Zone Alarm Firewall better than the XP Firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: question about clean install after SP2
    ... > After SP2 install my IE was seriously defective. ... You should periodically defragment your hard drives as well as check them ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...