Trojan.Win32.Qhost.df

Can anyone suggest what I should do to rid my computer of this Trojan?
Here is the log entry from AOL spyware Prevention. (Note, that no
other AV device including Norton, Spybot or Ad-Aware seems to notice
it.) I have even got Symentec's Q-host extraction tool, which doesn't
even recognise this menace. All help gratefully received.

Dat Date: July 28, 2006 5:21:16 PM

Pest Detected on August 18, 2006 at 3:41:41 PM
Pest ID: 453094956
Name: Trojan.Win32.Qhost.df
Location: Key "hkey_local_machine
\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\ruins"
PVT: 4294967295

Scan Finished on August 18, 2006 at 3:41:45 PM

I am running Win XP Home + SP2.

Thanks a lot.

Robert.

  • Re: Ilomo trojan-regscan- how do I zap this thing?
    ... 64bit drivers for the computer internal hardware. ... may try triple boot with XPpro, ... gotten rid of it or not. ... the Trojan gets installed again and opens the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Ilomo trojan-regscan- how do I zap this thing?
    ... gotten rid of it or not. ... and rings you find here and there about getting rid of this Trojan and you ... are no renamed Windows files on that server that will open it up as soon ... message saying they are in use and new temp files immediately appear with ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Ilomo trojan-regscan- how do I zap this thing?
    ... gotten rid of it or not. ... rings you find here and there about getting rid of this Trojan and you think ... renamed Windows files on that server that will open it up as soon as you ... message saying they are in use and new temp files immediately appear with ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: O/T - Any computer wizs out there
    ... struggling to get rid of this, have tried the usual things (google, ... has anyone had this trojan and knows how to ... writer of the trojan/virus, yours or any other, and smash HIS fingers ... Current favourite bass: Warwick Corvette $$ ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Do I have a worm OR virus...computer going very slow and ...
    ... I have the log of what it got rid of....but it also ... | included a trojan. ... | because how do you access files in safe mode? ... "Password Stealers may steal data from the hard drive. ...