got a lot of pup's

Hi, when i used my mcafee antispyware and virus scan, it caught 25 pup's. it
says in C drive pup addware-gamespy arcade. I was really surprised because i
used to update my scanners regularly and it's says "all your macafee products
are updated" . I don't know if it's connected but i realized the pup's caught
just started when i changed my computer time and date and the zone (i'm in
Manila,Phils). Since I am not a computer whizard, I just clean and deleted
all of the pup's. Did i do the right thing? Also are PUP's or potentially
unwanted programs are VIRUSES? PLS HELP!! Thanks

Message posted via