Re: pup/malware removal help

From: "shap17thst" <shap17thst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Still getting the redirect of my home page when I open explorer.
|
| The url is: hxxp://www.safetyuptodate.com/
|
| Occasionally in addition to this url, there will also be a smaller ms
| windows looking alert telling me that my computer may be infected and directs
| me to click on the window which sends me to the same site.
|
| I've tried every all the recommended spyware programs and nothing seems to
| work.

The following are pretty much the same...

hxxp://www.securityuptodate.com/
hxxp://www.safetyuptodate.com/

Both are indicative of a ZLob/FakeAlert/SmitFraud Trojan.

Two part reply..

Perform Part 1 then perform Part 2.

If the first two parts don't work, perform the alternate section.

It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe Mode.

If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version 5.0,
then you are strongly urged to remove any/all versions that are prior to JRE
Version 5.0. There are vulnerabilities in them and they are actively being exploited.

Therefore, it is highly suggested that if there are any prior versions of Sun Java
to Version 5 on the PC that they be removed and Sun Java JRE Version 5.0 Update 6
be installed ASAP.

Simple check, look under...
C:\Program Files\Java

The only folder under that folder should be the latest version...

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Part 1
-----------

Use noahdfear's SmitFraud, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, et. al., removal tool -- SmitRem.exe
http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/click%20counter/click.php?id=1

Part 2
-----------

Download SmitFraud.exe from the URL --
http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/SmitFraud.exe

Execute; SmitFraud.exe { Note: You must accept the default of C:\McAfee }
Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

FireWall to enable WGET.EXE to download the needed McAfee related files.

Execute; c:\mcafee\clean.bat
{ or Double-click on 'Clean Link' in c:\mcafee }

A final report in HTML format called C:\mcafee\Normal_ScanReport.HTML or
C:\mcafee\Safe_ScanReport.HTML will be generated. At the end of the scan, it will be
displayed in your browser (Opera, FireFox or Internet Explorer). However, if you are using
WinXP, Win2K or Win2003 your system will be left in a state where you will have to manually
shutdown/reboot the PC. On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser
but your PC will automatically be shutdown. It is suggested that you move the report out of
c:\mcafee before performing another scan.

It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML
report for each session.

ALTERNATE:

Part 1
-----------

Secured2K's SpyAxe, PSGuard, Smitfraud, Sinnaka and Alemod removal tool.

http://secured2k.home.comcast.net/tools/AntiPuper.exe

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=65072

Part 2
-----------

S!ri's SmitfraudFix
http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix_En.php

Please Copy and Paste the contents of the HTML Log files;
C:\mcafee\Normal_ScanReport.HTML & C:\mcafee\Safe_ScanReport.HTML in your reply.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Got Alemon Trojan... deleted but cant change wallpaper
    ... | wallpaper to an .html file. ... It is suggested that you execute the following tool in both Normal Mode and then in Safe ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ...
  • Re: Spy Falcon
    ... windows start up screen is on for almost 4 mins before this happen was only ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ...
  • Re: Zlob Trojan - Newbie on group - Help please!
    ... | Running the latest Micro$oft Malware Removal Tool does *not* find it. ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Unknown trojan
    ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ... Secured2K's SpyAxe, PSGuard, Smitfraud, Sinnaka and Alemod removal tool. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Downloader.Zlob.YQ