Re: Malicious Adware

I am dead serious.
At least twice in this past year alone, I have instructed victims to use system restore after attempting to clean the computer. Certain infections make the system so unstable that it is a deck of cards waiting to fall down.

The system restore files cannot be modified easily, as many of the API calls are disabled. I'm not saying it can't be done, but 99% of malware files out there today are not capable of regenerating themselves from system restore.

wng

Peter Foldes wrote:
>respectfully disagree with Panda_man. Disabling system restore should
be a last resort option. An infected restore point is better than none at all.

Now that is what I call an intelligent saying or comment . You are not serious of course?

--
Microsoft MVP - Security 2006
http://spyware-free.us