Re: Malicious Adware

respectfully disagree with Panda_man. Disabling system restore should
be a last resort option. An infected restore point is better than none
at all.

Now that is what I call an intelligent saying or comment . You are not serious of course?
--
Peter

"wng_z3r0--MSMVP Security" <wng_z3r0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eScqKDXcGHA.4976@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
I respectfully disagree with Panda_man. Disabling system restore should
be a last resort option. An infected restore point is better than none
at all. I would also suggest you /* change your passwords */ from a
non-infected computer! They may have been comprised. You may also wish
to attempt a kasparsky scan. The scan will not clean, but it is a good
indication on the state of your computer:
Please do an online scan
[url=http://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/kws/kavwebscan.html

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky,
Click Yes.
[*]The program will launch and then start to download the latest
definition files.
[*]Once the scanner is installed and the definitions downloaded, click
[b]Next.
[*]Now click on Scan Settings
[*]In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
[*]Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
[*]Extended (If available otherwise Standard) << very important to use
extended it possible
[*]Scan Options:
[*]Scan Archives
[*]Scan Mail Bases
[*]Click OK
[*]Now under select a target to scan select My Computer
[*]The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run. Once the
scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
[*]Now click on the Save as Text button:
[*]Save the file to your desktop.
[*]Copy and paste that information in your next post.

wng

Panda_man wrote:
My reply is at the bottom of your message :

"Simonel" wrote:

My computer refuses to do the pull down menu on the Internet Explorer
address line and on Word Perfect "File" tab. The WP problem
disappears once I sweep with webroot adware removal software, but it
keeps coming back. Lately, when I try to access some web sites a window
pops up requesting my username and password, yet rejecting any
combination I try, something that does not happen at my computer at
work (the same web site does not request username or password). It
seems I have a problem with a malicious adware or virus. I already have
McAfee, which never detects any viruses, and 2 adware removal
softwares: webroot and a Swedish program called adware SE plus (all 3
are regularly updated). Any recommendations for any other adware
removal programs? - Simonel

Hello ! Do you turn off System Restore because an infected file may
replicate from it and them we are still on the same position. Do you scan in
Safe Mode ?

Perform the malware removal instructions in my web-site to check/clean
http://pandaman.my.contact.bg

In addition to that ,sweep your system in Safe Mode using SpySweeper just
like with the other softwares suggested.

Regards!

Panda_man

--
Microsoft MVP - Security 2006
http://spyware-free.us

  • Re: New Computer Running XP Giving Multiple Errors!
    ... I turned off System Restore to prevent the virus I caught from creating infected restore points. ... I clicked shutdown and a window popped up Windows Live Mail couldn't be ...
  • Re: antivirus2008 problem
    ... Vundo and the Vundo Variant trojans often delete your System Restore ... points and replace them with an infected restore point that will often ... cause the virus to reappear after rebooting, ...
  • Re: Virus attack has crippled me
    ... I turn System Restore off, re-boot, then turn it back on, to purge possibly infected restore points. ... Were I a snob, I wouldn't be talking to you. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)