Re: Malicious Adware

Hello,
I respectfully disagree with Panda_man. Disabling system restore should be a last resort option. An infected restore point is better than none at all. I would also suggest you /* change your passwords */ from a non-infected computer! They may have been comprised. You may also wish to attempt a kasparsky scan. The scan will not clean, but it is a good indication on the state of your computer:
Please do an online scan [url=http://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/kws/kavwebscan.html

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
[*]The program will launch and then start to download the latest definition files.
[*]Once the scanner is installed and the definitions downloaded, click [b]Next.
[*]Now click on Scan Settings
[*]In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
[*]Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
[*]Extended (If available otherwise Standard) << very important to use extended it possible
[*]Scan Options:
[*]Scan Archives
[*]Scan Mail Bases
[*]Click OK
[*]Now under select a target to scan select My Computer
[*]The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
[*]Now click on the Save as Text button:
[*]Save the file to your desktop.
[*]Copy and paste that information in your next post.

wng

> Panda_man wrote:
My reply is at the bottom of your message :

"Simonel" wrote:

My computer refuses to do the pull down menu on the Internet Explorer
address line and on Word Perfect "File" tab. The WP problem
disappears once I sweep with webroot adware removal software, but it
keeps coming back. Lately, when I try to access some web sites a window
pops up requesting my username and password, yet rejecting any
combination I try, something that does not happen at my computer at
work (the same web site does not request username or password). It
seems I have a problem with a malicious adware or virus. I already have
McAfee, which never detects any viruses, and 2 adware removal
softwares: webroot and a Swedish program called adware SE plus (all 3
are regularly updated). Any recommendations for any other adware
removal programs? - Simonel

Hello ! Do you turn off System Restore because an infected file may replicate from it and them we are still on the same position. Do you scan in Safe Mode ?

Perform the malware removal instructions in my web-site to check/clean
http://pandaman.my.contact.bg

In addition to that ,sweep your system in Safe Mode using SpySweeper just like with the other softwares suggested.

Regards!

Panda_man

--
Microsoft MVP - Security 2006
http://spyware-free.us

  • Re: Adware ISTbar, IStsvc.exe please help me remove this adware
    ... and got the same adware on my system, even after rebooting from safe mode to ... > Trend Sysclean Package ... > Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... > 8) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Adware ISTbar, IStsvc.exe please help me remove this adware
    ... | I just found out that i have this adware installed on my pc and tried to ... Trend Sysclean Package ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: winpup error message
    ... Adware is a form of malware that either spams you or directs you to specific prodi\ucts or ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences, ... | when running spybot everything checks out ok except for an error message as ...
  • Re: adware help to remove adware startnow from winxp
    ... >>> i am using windows xp service pack and i got this adware start now. ... System Restore point from the More Options section of Disk Cleanup ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: XP Defaults
    ... undo feature in TuneUp is to try to do a system restore back to before you ... ran TuneUp to see if that solves your problem. ... >I have Diet k which unloads adware, Sophos anti virus and Anti Trojan ... >> If you want adware and viruses on your system KaZaa is a great way to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)