Re: Avast

Karen;
The answer depends a lot on what type and where the archive is located.

If System Volume Information (System Restore), you need to turn Off/On
System Restore to delete all Restore Points or use the Disk Cleanup Other
Options to delete all but the last Restore Point.

You may need to Take Ownership if another type of file, #9 on this link:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/adsecurity.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Karen F" <jakeyboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I use the free version of Avast as my Virus protection. After running
the program it usually lists about 120 files and next to the file it states
"unable to scan, archive is password protected." How do I get to these
archived files. Thanks.

  • Re: Removing System Restore Points
    ... Jupiter Jones [MVP] ... "sinnfinn" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: running out of space.........I "guess"?
    ... Mike Hall - MVP wrote: ... You only need a single restore point before the problem arose not every Tom, Dick or Harry back to time immemorial! ... In reality many users have great difficulties using System Restore. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How do i get rid of http://url.urtbk.com
    ... taken over my home page, removed all my system restore points, puts up ... Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do ... I endorse Malke's recommendations here, ... MVP posting in these newsgroups. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: very slow
    ... Exactly what files are "filling up" the hard drive? ... Have you tried system Restore to Date/Time before this started: ... >>Jupiter Jones [MVP] ...
  • Re: HELP SP2
    ... Use System Restore to go to a date/time before issue started: ... Jupiter Jones [MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)