Stress.Exe a Threat?

I've had stress.exe on my desktop for at least 6 months and as far as I can
tell, it hasn't caused any harm. I ran it through a virus check with updated
anti-virus files (Norton) before installing it, and it has never been tagged
by Norton or by numerous malware detectors. But today it showed up as a
threat in my weekly Norton AV scan--as joke software and therefore a
possible threat. It is joke software--but is it a threat? TIA.

Andrea

  • Re: How do I post a picture?
    ... On 1/17/2010 7:27 PM, rodney wrote: ... To me the threat appears to be located around the file you are accessing, not cjoint. ... Norton Safe Web has analyzed cjoint.com for safety and security problems. ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
  • Re: How do I post a picture?
    ... I have never been a huge fan of Norton AV ... To me the threat appears to be located around the file you are accessing, not cjoint. ... Google's Picasa or Yahoo's Flickr. ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
  • Adware Removal - WUInst.dll
    ... My Norton Antivirus detected a "threat" and identified it as Adware. ... Symantec's support pages identify the threat as originating in a download ... Yes - I have updated Adaware to ... I am using Windows XP Professional with Norton Internet Security & Norton ...
  • RE: Virus Question
    ... I have a Norton too and some experience with their support. ... I like this because I hate to pay for the phone call and what they charge ... did it show as a virus or as a threat. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Stress.Exe a Threat?
    ... been tagged by Norton or by numerous malware detectors. ... therefore a possible threat. ... McAfee also has this ability. ... that it is possible within NAV to disable Joke Program Detection as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)