RE: WinFixer2005

Hello!My reply is mixed with your words :

"Ian" wrote:

Hi
I'm new to this game so if this is not the right place to direct my notes,
will someone tell me the correct place please?

Panda_man : Here is the right place :)

I am running XP(Home) SP2. I have Norton AntiVirus2004: Spybot:
MicrosoftAntoSpywareBeta1: All have been vigorously kept up to date.

Panda_man : XP Sp2 => well .
SpyBot S&D => well .
Norton Antivirus 2004 and MS Antispyware beta 1 => bad because they are old.

Despite
this, the latest scan by NAV2004 has detected a Security Risk named
"WinFixer2005"
Panda_man : Bad!

I followed NAV's instructions but was told the file(s) could not be deleted.
Reading additional information didn't help because NAV seemed unsure whether
the intrusion was a security risk or not.
However, it gave detailed instructions as to editing my Registry...something
I feel I am not qualified to do, and certainly not if the "risk" is
negligable.

Panda_man : It is something more than just a risk!

Can someone tell me if WinFixer2005 will do damage to my PC, and if so, is
there a program that will take the required actions to cleanup my PC.

Panda_man : Decision >>> Visit my web-page
http://pandaman.hit.bg
and perform the fast malware removal instructions including McAfee's tool.

If this doesn't help you , perform the detailed malware removal instructions.

Malware means malicious software and includes all kind of security threats.

I cannot understand why my Norton NAV does not give more help. If it detects
a risk, why won't it fix it....all advertising suggests it does!

Panda_man : Norton is basically antivirus software (especially version 2004).
It can't prevent WinFixer from being installed and Norton is also weak to
deal with such a nasty thing.

When you clean your computer , learn how to protect your computer :
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Panda_man
--
Prevention is always better than cure !
Panda TruPrevent - the most intelligent technology to combat unknown malware

  • Re: Nod32, Kaspersky,Norton,McAfee,F-Prot,AVG,Avast! Most effective?
    ... | It seems that in the Feb and Aug 05 On-demand comparative, Norton ... Malware is developed faster than protective measures. ... The most realistic solution is to practice Safe Hex, ... Computer users most at risk to malware are those clueless folks who ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • RE: Domain Controller Best Practice - Thanks!
    ... security risk by allowing your DC to also function as a file server". ... I would consider this a substantial risk to any IT infrastructure. ... Domain Controller Best Practice - Thanks! ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RiskMap 2007 surveys the risk climate
    ... published Control Risks, the international business risk consultancy. ... businesses in these countries are likely to face disruption to ... Countries with areas at EXTREME security risk ...
    (soc.culture.thai)
  • Re: RDP connection via dyndns
    ... the router for rdp can also be a a security risk. ... In this case where only two ports are needed opening another port is probably the lesser risk. ... If you wanted to rdp to several computers or even all computers on the network then the VPN would be a better option. ...
  • Re: Domain Controller Best Practice - Thanks!
    ... > security risk by allowing your DC to also function as a file server". ... > Subject: Domain Controller Best Practice ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)